Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Our Home

Our new house is almost complete. I am kept VERY busy making sure all the subcontractors are doing their jobs just right. Every weekend Jeff and I make a list and then all week I call subcontractors and meet with subcontractors. Just yesterday the tile guy had to come back and knock out about a dozen tiles and redo them. We do have a general contractor but I guess it is just easier to deal with people myself. That way we get what we want the first time - hopefully. Our builder is telling us that we should be able to move in by November 1st at the latest. Here are a few photos showing the progress (no particular order, captions below each photo):


chair rail in the office


trex deck still without railing - Jordan river in the background


one of two walkways coming from the front porch - notice the rock inbedded in the pathway (I love that!)


view from the family/kitchen area looking towards the front door - notice the desk cabinets on the left


outside of the garage doors, including the outdoor lights that I totally love

the dining room, including the chandelier

view from the front porch looking towards the sidewalk - another rock inbedded in the path

view from the sidewalk looking towards the house


the fireplace and mantle are done - notice also the wall color I chose

a light fixture in the main bathroom

the kitchen cabinets - including the cream/brown glazed island

looking out the windows over the kitchen sink - notice the shelves next to the sink for all my polish pottery beauties

the walls in the kids' bedrooms are a more clear light yellow - this is Blake and Katie's room

master shower

closet in Emily's room


the kitchen nook

the entryway - including the light fixture and the stained knotty alder moulding around the door

the stair railing - I love it!

front of the house

stairs coming off the back deck

the mudroom cabinetry

Okay, that's all I've got for now. The granite was put in yesterday and the appliances were delivered today - so look for new photos soon.

1 comment:

Brandon said...

It's looking really good. can't wait to see it done and I'm sure you can't wait to get in it. You totally have to watch them like a hawk to make sure things are done correctly.