Sunday, October 19, 2008

Latest on the House

Since my last house update we have had granite and formica countertops installed, the appliances arrived, and ...... ELECTRICITY!!! I was driving home the other day and as I looked up towards our house I saw a light on. It was a great moment. That is our first real utility that is up and running. Now we'll just have to pay the bill for the rest of our life!


The plumber has also finished his work. This next week we are looking forward to landscaping being completed, carpet being installed and then at the end of the week, the cleaning crew will come in.


After that, Jeff and I will inspect the house for any problems and create a punch list for the subcontractors to come back and fix. Then we'll get an occupancy permit from the city and THEN... we will finally move in. Right now we are still estimating the first of November.
The granite up close.
The granite in the kitchen. Notice the dishwasher, oven, and microwave have been installed. We are still waiting for the fridge and washer and dryer to be installed.

The granite in our master bathroom.

The laundry room before the formica was installed.


The central vac system has also been completed this past week.
The door knobs have all been installed so we can securely lock the house now.
This is a better picture of the stair railing. I love it!

This is my dining room chandelier - again, I love it!

Oven and microwave.

So.... as you can see we have everything including a kitchen sink!

1 comment:

Hawk Highlights said...

WOW! Electricity - that is soooo close to move inable. How are you? What is your email address? Simone and I both want to contact you but we don't know how. I miss you
Roz