Monday, October 20, 2008

Cornbelly's



Today we took a rare pleasure: Jeff took the day off work. We decided to take advantage of the last warm day of fall to go visit a local corn maze called Cornbelly's. Joshua spend the day and night with us because his parents were not feeling well. It was a fantastic day!



As soon as we arrived, Jeff and the older kids headed into the real corn maze. It is shaped like David Archuletta.




Okay, does this just weird anyone else out? Jeff said that there was continuous David Archuletta music playing on loudspeakers throughout the maze. I mean really, how many songs has this guy even sung? Anyways, Jeff and the kids made it out just fine.

Meanwhile, Blake, Joshua, Kate and I tacked the Kiddie Maze. Mostly the boys just enjoyed finding the corn and throwing it on the ground hard enough to make the kernels pop off.




Of course our Kiddie Maze just took us a few minutes so we found some water entertainment while we waited for the big kids.





Later we all went over to the jumping pillow. I have never seen one of these things before. It was literally a HUGE inflated pillow like thing that lots of people could jump on. Pretty fun.



Could someone please remind me to take off the bug glasses for photos!

Then the little kids got their faces painted:



Then someone had the brilliant idea to take the kids through the dark scary monster thing. I wasn't interested in going into a hot, steamy, stinky, dark tunnel; so I stayed out. Which was good because after about 30 seconds Joshua came screaming and crying and running back out.



Next we did my favorite thing - we rode the cow train. I don't know why I liked it exactly, but the whole idea seems so cute. They had a little tractor that was pulling little "cows" that we got to ride in.



Clark got the caboose cow!



Then we made a big mistake. We all climbed onto the hay ride. Now, this was no leisurely little jaunt through the fields. No..... Emily requested that the driver go fast. Big mistake. It wasn't 15 seconds into the ride and Jeff and I were wishing we could get off. This guy drove really fast over these big bumps and I thought that my back was going to break. Jeff made the comment that it was probably similar to riding in a wagon across the plains. I can see how they preferred to walk along the wagon then ride in it. Ouch! (AHHHH! return of the bug lady!)





We finished off the day by letting each kid pick out a 50 cent pumpkin from the patch.



Isn't she just adorable!



Thanks for the great day Dad!

No comments: