Tonight we celebrated New Years Eve by hosting our very own, single elimination, Wii boxing championship. Blake is pro! I don't know why or how, but that kid is a Wii boxing champion! Here is a picture of him in action during the final match between him and Dad:
This was followed by another single elimination championship - this time with Wii cow racing. At the risk of sounding like an advertisement, the Wii is SO much fun. We've been having a blast. There just aren't many games that Mom and Dad enjoy as much as Blake. I mean, how often can the 4 year old honestly beat his father at a game (I promise you, Jeff was giving it his all!).
I've included a video because still photos just don't do justice to Blake's upper hook.
Our special New Years Eve treat was a package of Berliners that we had picked out in Oelde that morning. Berliners are jelloy doughnuts for you non-Germans out there. I told Jeff, "Let's move! I think I could almost give up the land of chocolate for the land of the jelly doughnut!"
Just in case you were wondering, we rang in the new year at 8pm sharp! We find this much more enjoyable for ALL of us. I found some little poppers at the British store in Belgium so we used those for out noise makers. Well, those and three screaming voices.


Here's a piece of "the mayhem, the celebration."
Sorry about the darkness of the video. I'm still learning about the camera.
2 comments:
Blake is amazing at Wii Boxing! That is pure talent! The speed and furry of his punches are astounding.
We have found that the two player games are the most fun. On a side note, I have almost reached the 'profesional' level on tennis. It is good to aspire to great heights.
Heather, it's Kathryn Kiernan from 9h ward..(my married name is Kahumoku. Mark and Lauren are back in our ward now! Lauren told me about Blake's awesome boxing skills and I had to check it out! Way cool!! You have a beautiful family, It's great to catch up!
Post a Comment