Saturday, December 8, 2007

Mr. Four

Today we celebrated Blake's 4th birthday. I'm telling you, this isn't fair. My kids are growing up way too fast. Blake is my baby! Who gave him permission to turn four???



Jeff and I have made a discovery over the years as we have hosted many birthday parties: the enjoyment had by all is inversely proportional to the number of kids that are invited. Thus, with only three kids invited, plus our kids, it was just the right amount and fun was had by all.

First we went to our local pool for swimming.



I feel the need to explain the speedo-style swimsuit. Here in Belgium most of the pools require that the boys wear these kind of swimsuits, so I purchased a pair for both Blake and Clark. However, here at the Overijse pool trunks are allowed, but..... Blake prefers the speedo-style. Hmmmm.......





Here are the girls enjoying the water:





After the swimming we came back to our house for hot dogs, cake, and ice cream.







Just for fun I've included a picture from Blake's 1st birthday:



2nd birthday:



and 3rd birthday.



You know what I just realized? Look at what he wore for these birthdays over the years. The first year he wore the red turtleneck. The next year he wore the red turtleneck again but with the red Buzz T-shirt over it. And then the third year he wore just the red Buzz T-shirt. Whoa, that's a bit weird! And to top it all off he wore his red speedo swim suit this year!

I'll leave you with a little video of the triumphant candle blowing moment:

1 comment:

Mark said...

Heather & Jeff,

Blake looks really cute, as do all your kids. We have enjoyed looking at your posts over the last few weeks. Amazing how they have all grown up. Does that mean we are getting older too? I remember when Clark was born and you came up to Alaska about this time of year :)

Let Jeff know that I am enjoying being an auditor most days.... the last two weeks have been a trial as I have been on the road alot. This comming week will be the sixth week on the road in the last two months.

When our camera gets back from the factory, we will post some more from our recent events.

Love Mark and Lauren