Friday, December 21, 2007

Downtown

Okay, I have to warn you, this post is going to be very long. But I couldn't weed out any of these pictures - they were all just so great.

Today we took the metro into downtown Brussels to see the Christmas market and enjoy the huge Ferris wheel and ice skating.



Katie fell asleep....



... so we did the ice skating first. Emily, Clark and Dad all put on ice skates while Blake, Katie and I sat out.











Eventually Blake decided he would have a lot more fun on the slippery ice, and even more fun on a skating Daddy.



Here is a video from our ice skating:



After the ice skating it was time to ride the big Ferris wheel. This year they upgraded it to enclosed seating. We all climbed into one capsule and rode above the city. Here is a picture we took looking down over the market. You'll see the ice skating rink in the front of the picture, and the booths all around the square, with the church at the top of the picture.













Now here is the CUTEST picture. Do you see those two teeth?



After we finished the Ferris wheel we headed over to the vintage merry-go-rounds. Here is a picture taken from a bit back so you can get the idea:



I've never seen anything like it anywhere else. The rocket is the favorite of all children because it ascends up through the roof of the merry-go-round. There is a separate line just for riding the rocket. Lucky for us, today the Belgian kids were still in school so it wasn't too crowded. Here is Blake going up to the rocket:



And here he is inside the rocket:



Clark chose the submarine:



And Emily chose the airplane:



Here's a little video I took of the ride:



Afterwards we went inside a tent to warm up. I'll leave you with this picture to warm your heart. It was a great day!


No comments: