Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving

Today we celebrated Thanksgiving. I know it isn't really Thanksgiving today, but here in Belgium we have to celebrate it on Saturday because Thanksgiving Day is just another normal day here. We invited over two families. Together we had 6 adults, 6 kids, and 2 babies.

I set the table with my Villeroy and Boch China:





And made place cards:



We had all the usual trimmings. I made the turkey, gravy, potatoes, beans, and some appetizers. It is pretty difficult to get some of this stuff here. For example, turkeys cost about 45 Euros for a 17.5 lb bird. That's about 65 USD! We were able to convince my friend to get us one from the US base.



Emily made this special "Fruit Fizz" drink as a Brownie Girl Scout requirement:



Then we all sat down for dinner:



This is me and my best friend and our babies:

~~~~Happy Thanksgiving!~~~~

No comments: