Katie loves to chew on anything she can get ahold of. Mostly that is her little fists for now. But she is grabbing onto anything in her arms reach, putting it inside her mouth for a taste.
She can hold herself sitting up pretty well and so she has started to enjoy her johnny-jump-up and her exersaucer a bit more. She might stay in them for 10 minutes at a time now.
She is so alert. She looks around at everyone and everything. A TV screen will catch her eye now, and she will turn her head around to find her daddy when he talks to her. Her sleeping leaves MUCH to be desired. She wakes up several times a night and definitely prefers to sleep with mama. Oh well. It hasn't been as hard this time around because it seems to be passing so quickly. During the day I chose not to think about the nights. That helps.
I tried to take a good video of her today. Instead of just choosing one, I've put all the clips together.
The other day Clark was telling us how his friend had a room all to himself (Clark has to share a room with Blake and Emily). We told him that we appreciated his patience and that when we moved he would get his own room again. We told him that when we first moved here we didn't think we'd have Katie. Clark then said, "Yes, but then Mama just wanted her. So she had her." It is true. I wanted Katie and now we have her. What a tremendous blessing! On another occasion Jeff was apologizing to Clark for the decrease in personal time he has had with Clark since Katie was born. Clark was quick to say, "Oh, that's okay Dad. I just love her so much. I'm so glad we have her." Clark has been so enthralled with Katie. He has said several times how he had no idea she would be like she is. I'm not sure what he envisioned, but Katie has greatly surpassed his expectations.
No comments:
Post a Comment