Sunday, September 2, 2007

A Blessed Day



Today was Katie's blessing day. We got a decent family photo in the back yard. Jeff had to set the camera on timer and then put it up on top of the cooler which was on top of the patio table. This was the best of the three we were able to take before the kids were DONE.



And here is the worst. Family photos are lots of fun. Notice the look on Jeff's face. Obviously he had resigned himself to the fact that this photo wasn't going to work out before the camera went click. (-:


Jeff had asked two men he hometeaches and his companion to accompany him during the blessing. Afterwards we took a picture with the three of them in the lobby.


Katie wore this beautiful dress that we found in Brugge. It is made with Belgian lace. I hope it is a keepsake for her of her Belgian birthplace.
This morning as I lay in bed before the beginning of the day I thought of how I must be the most blessed of women to have my husband blessing my littlest girl. And the very next Sunday he will be baptizing my oldest son. Life doesn't get much better than this.

No comments: