Sunday, April 26, 2009

Grandma and Grandpa

My parents came from Alaska to see us and my older sister and brother who also live near here.  My baby sister also came from Wisconsin to participate in her university graduation - she is receiving her Masters in Occupational Therapy next week.  

After they got here I gave my sister and my mom each an apron that I had made.  My mom's is special because I ordered this cool Alaskan fabric for it.  We went out on the front porch and posed together.  I had also made one for me and one for Emily and Kate.  


Here are some closeups of Emily's and Kate's.  They are opposites of each other.





What do you think?  Should I go into business?  I am pretty proud of myself because this is the very first thing I've made with an actual pattern.  

My mom is really good to get down and play with the kids.  Here she is with Katie and some play-dough.  


John was over at our house too, with little Johnny.


My mom had brought Johnny and Katie some puzzle trains that were a big hit.




We walked up to the park a couple of times.  Here is Katie on the swing.  She is very good at holding on and begs us for bigger pushes.


The boys were enthralled with my mom's high-tech Ipod that included some games that they could play.


In the morning, My mom liked to walk the kids to the bus stop.





On Scout night my parents were all dressed up to go with Sarah to a graduation dinner and Clark was in his uniform so they wanted a picture.  They told him that this picture was for a comparison and the next time they wanted a picture of him when he got his eagle scout.


Katie needed her picture taken too.  She is finally getting the idea of smiling for the camera.



Grandma loves Katie, and the kitty.  


I love my parents.  It was a real joy to have them here in our home.  I will also post some other posts with more specific activities that we did.

1 comment:

The Egg-heads said...

I love the aprons!!! You are so talented!! SIGH.....every time I read your blog it makes me miss you, CALL ME!