Thursday, April 9, 2009

Children's Museum

Today we visited the Children's Museum in Salt Lake City with Jenny and her kids.  Clark and Emily were out of school for the Easter break so they got to come too.

When you first come in there is a big "beehive" where the kids can make plastic balls go through tubes and contraptions.  




Next, there is a mini world with pretend house, construction, market, farm, etc.  Here is Kate playing in the water.


And Clark and Emily in the market.  Everyone is so amazed at how well they get along with each other.  It reminds me a bit of my older brother and sister, Mary and John.  Or of my younger brother and sister, Mark and Sarah.  


In appropriate character, Kate found this police car and started scooting around the "world" keeping an eye of everyone.  That's her serious face.


"I've got a naughty kid down here, I need back up!"


Upstairs there are more educational stuff - puzzles, blocks, building stuff, etc.


The older kids built a "bed" for Kate out of huge Legos.




It is a fun place and we had a nice time.  At one point I told Randy (Jenny's husband) that we had been there for two hours and he told me it felt like a lot longer than two hours.  But I'm sure the kids felt like it was about 20 minutes.  

No comments: