For family home evening tonight we dyed Easter eggs after Clark presented the Easter story via flannel board. More on that later.
Here is Kate. She had to hold her eggs and dip them personally into the different colors. Her fingers were brown by the end of the night.
So, like I said earlier, Clark told the Easter story on a flannel board. Let me give you a little taster of the experience:
Clark sits down in front of the flannel board and starts putting up flannel backed pictures. Katie jumps off the couch and runs over to Clark to help. She decides the two angels are hers. The angels must be on the board at all times and she must stand right in front of the board or else she shrieks. Blake is now sitting by the board too. He picks up a random piece and starts peeling the flannel off the back of it. Kate is folding the angels in half. I try to save my flannel board pictures. The story is over. Jeff starts explaining the spiritual messages behind the story. Kate is now playing peek-a-boo behind the board, squealing and demanding attention. Jeff is having to yell over her noise. This makes it rather hard to feel the spirit. I try to get Kate to sit with me. She screams and throws herself onto the floor. I decide her squealing is less noisy than her screaming. She climbs onto a trunk at the end of the couch and flings herself over the armrest and onto the couch, slamming into Blake and cracking her head against his. They both start to cry. Jeff looks pained. We calm down Blake and Kate, Jeff gets back to the spiritual stuff. Kate goes over to Jeff and demands to be picked up ("I sit, I sit!"). She gets onto Jeff's lap, and grabs his face in her hands and starts talking loudly right into his eyes. By this time the entire scene is hilarious. I start to laugh, Jeff starts to laugh, the kids are laughing. We decide to dye the eggs. We try.
I hope we are getting blessed for obedience because sometimes that's about all we achieve.
1 comment:
wow. I was laughing out loud when I read this. I can just imagine it. what a precious memory.
Post a Comment