This is the view from inside the front door, looking through the house. Directly to the right is the living room, then there is the dining room with the arches and columns, and then beyond that with the fireplace is the family room.
I love it - of course. I had heard that Sheetrock would make the house seem smaller, but I haven't thought that yet. I keep asking Jeff is everyone loves their house this much. I am really thrilled with how it is coming along.
Here is the opposite view, standing in the family room, looking back towards the front door.
I am so glad I'm not in charge of building this house. I am learning that there are a million little important steps. Right now their are men working inside the house putting "mud" all over the walls to make them smooth. I chose smooth walls over "old world" style, so that means that the walls have to be super smooth before painting.
The outside of the house has been covered with a black material and they have begun putting the brick wainscoting on the bottom:
The entire outside of the house is covered with scaffolding so that the workers can place the rocks, stucco, and bricks.
We are starting to find a landscaper and think about that. It makes my head spin a bit. I don't know why I was able to design the house without too much trouble, but I can't wrap my head around landscaping. Hmmm....
2 comments:
Uh, why is there a for sale sign in front of the house???
Landscaping is an entire different ballgame, but funny, I think much, much easier than designing your house!
The "For Sale" sign...UGH! The builder leaves it there hoping for some business. He hopes that if someone calls he can say, "No, that one's not available. But I'd love to show you some others that are!" I can't say I like seeing the sign but it doesn't hurt anything I guess.
Post a Comment