Monday, August 11, 2008

Second Wildlife Sighting.... and Stucco

On Sunday, Jeff and I walked up to see our house. We found that it was completely ready for the stucco application:



The white around each of the windows is Styrofoam! Isn't that weird? There will be a different color of stucco (just a little bit lighter) around each of the windows and it will be a bit of a pop out too - hence the Styrofoam.

Inside, the walls are nearly finished.



In this photo you can see the ceiling texture. This photo is from me standing in our master bedroom door, looking back towards the dining room:



Then when we were walking home look what we saw from our backyard!!!



That is a deer standing in the river. Here's a closer shot:



Today, when I headed over to the house I saw SIX cars out front!


It turns out there were EIGHT men working on the stucco application:
I suppose once they start mixing the stucco they want to get it onto the house really quickly. In this photo you can see it closer up. This isn't the final color. First they put down this layer of gray stucco and later they'll come in and do the colored stucco.



Every day there is something new to see at our house. SO exciting!

No comments: