Saturday, November 1, 2008

Finish Line

Today is the day we have been waiting for. Today the house is complete and we start moving our stuff in. Today.....

Five months ago we started this process. That is really a very short time to build a new home - but it feels like a long time ago because so much has happened since then.

My brother John was so nice to come over with his truck (EVERYONE needs a relative with a truck!) and help us move a few big items over to our new house. Most of our stuff will arrive next week when the sea shipment is brought to our home.

Yesterday the final coat was put on our wood floors. I took this photo through the window because we couldn't go into the house until today.



The painters are still finishing up their work - including staining the front door.



This is a project I've been working on for awhile. This couch and chair used to be all stripes but I recovered the top cushions and part of the bottom cushions, and then completely recovered the ottoman. The red pillow cases will be filled with pillows later.



4 comments:

The Egg-heads said...

Hooray for moving into your new beautiful home!!!! I am so excited for all of you! The couch looks great in there, fantastic work---and i LOVE LOVE LOVE the carpet on the stairs! When you get all settled I want an invite!!

Mikala said...

Love it! It's beautiful and I hope it is everything you envisioned, right down to the computer table (I still remember sitting up at the church for a playgroup discussing this table).

Balmforth said...

You are so talented. I could never even imagine trying to pull off a project like that. It looks great.

Amy said...

Those chairs look amazing! I think you could go into the upholstery business! I'm excited to see the finished product when we can. I'm also a little jealous--someday we'll have a house, probably not quite that beautiful, but I'd take about anything at this point!