The plane ride was long. Really long.
Just in case any of you were thinking that flying form Europe would be real fun with a one-year-old .... you're wrong. But we survived.
John and Kristy were SO kind and picked us up from the airport. The kids ran to Grandma's arms. They took us to their house where they fed us a bit of food and then we went over to our apartment where we will stay for the rest of the summer. It was all we could do to collapse in our beds.
This morning, when we got up, I turned on the radio to listen to our much-missed country music. The first song, titled Home, came on:
"Another summer day has come and gone away, in Paris and Rome. But I wanna go home. Another airplane, another sunny place, I'm lucky I know, but I wanna go home"
Jeff and I looked at each other and said, "This is our song." We have lived a charmed life. But we are happy to be home. Happy Birthday America!
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment